Thursday, August 13, 2009

A New Wind "Rushing Down the Plains"

I have seen these huge structures from a distance on my travels through West Texas out by Big Bend National Park. And, as I drove towards Lubbock, Texas on HWY 180 I was astounded by the number of these windmill "farms." However, thanks to a detour for a photographic moment, I came across this grouping up close and personal. These windmills are huge! As I sat beside them, there was no sound but the wind and a soft "thump, thump, thump" sound. I am not sure what I think about this new technology. However, I was intrigued sitting right beside them. I have heard that these windmills can cause problems with some folks in the inner ear, sound convergence, etc. Myth? Truth? Just shows there is nothing simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment