Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mother Nature's Abstract Art

Once again, I am taken with the "little" things as I go about trying to use my camera. On an outing in the northern part of Montgomery County, Texas, I ran across a great old barn. At first, I was taking pictures of the entire structure. It was typical of property gone to ruin. However, as I sat in my car looking for the next angle, I spotted this very black "hole"( in reality a hay loft) with what looked to be "ice." Photography is such an interesting hobby. It allows one to see as much or as little as they choose. The more pictures I shoot, the more I begin to see between the shots. This is one of those times of seeing between the shots. These old vines covered the outside of the barn; however, when seen against the backdrop of the "black hole hay loft" they took on another dimension altogether. On first glance, this photo can appear to be ice cracks, not in Texas! Pictures like this remind me that sometimes we can not see "the forest for the trees." We are so busy looking for the big picture, we don't see the message. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment