Sunday, April 4, 2010

Paintbrushes Abound Near Schulenberg

Rarely have I seen such wide open fields of Indian paintbrushes. Usually, like many in the Houston area, I tend to run to the Washington County area for the area wildflower stampede. This year, however, I took another turn and headed south and east to see other wildflower areas not so heavily dependent on the ubiquitous bluebonnet. I came across a field of about three acres in the small community of Ammansville, Texas filled with solid Indian paintbrushes. It was almost too much to take in all at once. And, all along my six hour drive I found field after field of paintbrushes. Ammansville is located off Highway 77 headed towards LaGrange, Texas. It is also the home of one of the famous Painted Churches of Texas. Hope you get to see it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment